Thursday, October 30, 2008

Toys

My daughter's latest thing is to watch the commercials during her favorite shows, very carefully. I swear she's making a list for Christmas in head at all times. She'll look at me very sweetly and say 'Mom, I wish I could have that.' She's not asking for it, she's just stating that she wishes it would appear in her living room one day. It's never the cheap toys either. One is a giant dollhouse with motorized parts and whatnot, another, a completely robotic dinosaur. I'm thinking, why can't you want a my little pony or something that costs a few bucks? I tried explaining the current state of the economy and such but she just laughs at me. As if I just told her the greatest joke in history, then she asks for a cookie.

4 comments:

Wes said...

Jamie:

I know what you mean my nieces would do that to me, and sometimes MJ will smile and stare at them. Right after its done, she will say the name of the toy, and then "Please!"

The good thing is she is only a little over a year and a half. She isn't at the stage Jasmine is YET! My day is coming VERY SOON!

Peac&Love
Wes

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Ha! What a sweetie!

Beth said...

The economy sort of IS the greatest joke in history at the moment! Jasmine is a smart girl. ;)

Beth

Sage Ravenwood said...

I swear Jasmine is a mini Skye in the making. Beware, be very aware...LOL! (Hugs)Indigo