Tuesday, October 21, 2008

This N That

I meant to stop at the grocery store after leaving my mom's house tonight but was full from dinner so I skipped it. Now I wish I had something to snack on.
It seems I'm having a problem with my fish tank. I'm not really sure what is going on. Fred, the blue lobster, seems sluggish and skinny, definitely not his normal self. The rainbow shark died this morning and a week ago I lost my remaining cichild. I checked the water and well, it sucks. The nitrates are through the roof as is the alkaline. But nothing should be affecting the fish to this degree. I threw in some stuff I had to help with the levels and I'll check it again in a few days. I treated the water for possible parasites before the cichild died, only realizing afterwards that it could harm Fred. Luckily, I only used a fraction of the amount needed because I ran out of the stuff and as soon as I realized what I'd done, I turned the filters back on. Hopefully, he'll perk up in a day or two and the other fish don't get sick.
I got a little more cleaning today. I got a late start however and had to get Jasmine to bed and stopped. Cleaned the floor in the living and in the bathroom. Ick, I hate cleaning the bathroom. I'm going to clean the dreaded toilet after Jasmine goes to sleep. Double ick. I figured by now I'd be feeling everything I've been doing the last two days but so far so good. When my belly stops hurting, I stop for a day and so far, no belly pain. Maybe I'll actually be able to get the living room really clean tomorrow. Ugh, I just realized that tomorrow we're bringing in the plants from outside that won't survive a frost. Where the hell am I going to put them all? Right now, I have a TREE in my kitchen. It's a hibiscus and can't survive the winter outside, therefore it's in my kitchen. A tree. In my kitchen. The vine is going to be even worse. I need to look it up and see if I can trim it back really far without killing it. It produces flowers all the time, tons of them but it's taking over. When I bought it, it was a wee little thing, now it's bigger than the stand I bought for it to wrap it's vines around. I also have several spider plants that need to come in, one of which needs a new pot since the one it's in has a crack in it and won't hold water. As well as the two bushes that I don't think are ready for a winter yet. Looks like my husbands computer room is going to have a few plants in it for a while. It's one of the few rooms that gets a good amount of natural light. It'll look like a jungle erupted in that room tomorrow.

2 comments:

Wes said...

Sorry I can't help with the tank, I only had some fish when I was a kid. My parents took care of it, so I don't really know too much.

The fun part of bringing it all in! I think your hubby will like the jungle eruption. You gotta do what you gotta do!

Have a good day,
Wes

Beth said...

Welcome to the jungle, we got fun and games!

I hope all the fitches will be okay!