Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sleep, damnit, sleep

It took an hour and a half to get Jasmine to sleep. That's an hour and a half of my bladder being full, not being able to move and trying not to smack her every time she moves. Wouldn't you know, when I took a deep breath, calmed down and said to myself, she'll fall asleep when she falls asleep... she passed out. It usually takes no longer than ten minutes. I become frustrated after about thirty minutes, angry at an hour and defeated a half hour later. The entire time I'm trying to think back to what sugary concoction she may have gotten into to cause her to be restless and can't think of anything. She had milk in bed. Crackers before bed. No sugar. Then my mind began to wander, as it tends to do... often and I remembered a youtube video I had seen. This is, in my opinion, one of the best video's ever put on this site. I loved it and still do. I tried embedding this video but... I failed. So you'll have to click the link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2HipedgM3I


6 comments:

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Milk send Sarah's blood sugar levels soaring sometimes! I don't know if that affected Jasmine or not. Probably not.

Lisa said...

Poor you - I can't imagine how frustrating that must have been! Maybe Jas is putting you in training for the upcoming sleepless or at least disturbed nights to come.

That video was crazy...looks like the one spider went out of it's mind going in circles.

Wes said...

I feel your frustration, and have been there. I do everything just right, and still she can't go straight to sleep. I think sometimes kids just can't sleep. I hope for everybodys sake, tonight will be easier! Please have a great day, and take a moment for you today, I know easier said than done.

Best Wishes,
Wes

Beth said...

I'm sorry it was such a frustrating time with Jasmine last night. I hope tonight is better!

I remember the spider video! My favorite is the little tiny gun. LOL

Beth

Ken Riches said...

Funny video. Sorry you had a frustrating night.

Kelly said...

Maybe its like what the Dog Whisperer says. She can feel your tension. Yes, she is human, but kids can pick up on that too. Once you relaxed, so did she. :) Kelly