Friday, October 10, 2008

Paranoia

I had put up a treadmill on Freecycle a few days ago. I got a response pretty quickly and told the guy where to pick it up. The first day, he didn't show up with the excuse of had a family emergency. Ok, that's fine, shit happens. He says he'll pick it up the next day, first thing in the morning. Treadmill is still here. I emailed him and said that if he didn't pick it up by the end of the day, I was giving it to someone else and that I hoped everything was ok with his family. I don't think I'll do the freecycle thing again, unless it's answering an ad. This guy has my name and address and I can't help but be a little freaked out about that. I just can't see myself making this a regular thing. It's a good idea but not completely without it's risks in my opinion. Not when you're a stay at home mom. I'll take the stuff to Goodwill or put it in the front yard with a free sign on it from now on. What's ironic is the same day I put it up on freecycle, a guy that my husband works with mentioned his wife wanted one. Well, it's hers now.
And what is up with this kid in my uterus? I don't understand how something so small can be so strong. I'm starting to wonder if this isn't the alien that Sigourney Weaver encountered.

4 comments:

Adirondackcountrygal said...

I've used freecycle before and haven't had any problems or have heard of any related to it. I'm sure the guy was just a loser...

Beth said...

Alien...hahaha!

I think Freecycle is a great idea, but I wouldn't be comfortable with giving out my address and phone number. I'm weird that way, but I'm by myself here most weekdays, and I think it's okay to be a cautious.

Hugs, Beth

Ken Riches said...

I agree that Goodwill is a better solution than Freecycle. Stay safe :o)

Lisa said...

That is the reason I won't be doing any FreeCycle either. I am such a private person and in my opinion the fewer people who know where I live the better it is! I doubt you have anything to worry about though.