Sunday, October 12, 2008

Good Day

My uncle seemed touched, in his own way, at the gift I brought him. He joked that he already had three cakes but then later told me that I was the only one who made him one. He was intoxicated the night he told me about the jukebox and the song that was on it so he was very how did you even know about it considering you weren't born yet? Then I reminded him he'd told me about the one song, Polk Salad Annie and I ran with it from that point on. His daughter, her husband and his son were all there. He really seemed in a genuinely good mood the entire time I was there. It was nice to see. It turned out to be a pretty nice day. I was pretty pissed at that cake this morning since the frosting kept pulling off the cake. Many expletives were spoken towards it. The frosting melted partially before we even left my uncle's. haha
Tomorrow I have an OB appointment. The main reasoning is for the gestational diabetes testing. Damn needles. At least I'll, hopefully, get a chance to talk to him about my pulse/blood pressure and anything else that is bothering me. And I'm pretty sure it's the last blood test I have to get unless the test comes back that my sugar is high.

4 comments:

Wes said...

I love homemade anything, especially cake! I'm glad your Uncle was pleased, and sounds like you were too! I hope your appointment goes well! "If only shots could tickle"

Wes

Ken Riches said...

Glad that things went well with your uncle :o)

Beth said...

"Polk Salad Annie, gator's got your granny. chomp chomp" I remember that song! My uncle and his friend used to sing it around the campfire.

I'm glad your uncle was happy!

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow. We're all hoping for good news!

Hugs, Beth

Lisa said...

I'm glad you had a nice day with your Uncle & family. A homemade cake is good even if the frosting falls off!!!