Thursday, October 23, 2008

Food

I am so bored with dinner lately. It's the same things over and over again. I'm not very adventurous with food and admittedly, I'm extremely picky. I make it difficult on myself. I don't like to try new things with dinner because I don't want to find that I think it sucks and then be hungry. When my dinner is done, I want to eat it and be full, not hungry and bitchy. Tomorrow we'll be having pork chops, the meat is always left to my husband (if I have to look at the dead animal, I usually have trouble eating it) and the sides are mine. I've found that I can't have potatoes while I'm pregnant as they've been making me sick afterwards. One side down. Otherwise we usually have either green beans, corn of some kind or noodles. Every night that we cook at home those are the choices. I'm. Bored. Tonight I'm going to make a run to the grocery store and see if I can find some quickie noodles to make that are a little different from the ones we have every single dinner. I stopped making macaroni and cheese years ago because my husband isn't a fan. However I found a recipe (I usually make it out of the box) that sounds decent and I'm going to try that out next week. I'm going to search allrecipes.com a little more before I go to bed and see if I can find a few others I'd like to try. Like I said, I'm extremely picky, it's not easy to find something that seems appealing unless it has the words cookie/cake/candy in it. ;) I did find some soups (I've never been a big fan of them because they always have giant veggies in them... not a fan of healthy.. haha) that I'd like to try when the weather gets a little cooler. Although it's pretty cold out right now. I love chicken and dumplings but I can't make it. No, can't isn't the word, won't is more like it. To make it the best way, you need to use the entire chicken to make the soupy part, something to do with the bone marrow. That grosses me out to no end. Plus, I don't make it a point to touch raw meat if I can avoid it. I could do skinless/boneless but not the whole chicken. We'll see what I can figure out.
I'm not sure what position baby is in right now. I think it's still breech but I have felt some pretty strong movement a few times above my belly button. Probably still breech though as I've felt more lower than higher. It doesn't help that baby seems to be rather sedate today. There's been movement, just not the normal flipping around like a fish out of water all day long. At least I don't have a head stuck in my ribcage today.

5 comments:

Wes said...

I'm the opposite, I like almost everything. I still get bored with food sometimes, because I like most things, and others don't. I used to be a vegetarian, and still don't like touching raw meat for too long! I prefer my garden, but could no longer survive without some meat. I limit myself to so much a week, but pig out on veggies. MJ loves everything I have fed her, but gets sick of soft foods fast! Do you like Eggplant Parmesan, it is easy to make. I should not try to make suggestions, but my wife is picky and loves it too! I hope you can find something good at the store, and have an excellent day!

Adirondackcountrygal said...

I hope you are getting enough nourishment for the baby. You should get one of those baby widgets like I have on my page! So we can see what your baby looks like right now!

Sage Ravenwood said...

I learned to cook at an early age, grew up on a farm so I do get the necessity of meat and cooking it...however I'm the first one to chase a cat down and try to help the mouse in it's mouth escape.

I usually add peas to Macroni and cheese. It makes it almost taste like a casserole. You eat like my daughter, she is so picky it's hard to feed her. Add in the fact she is allergic to chicken and chicken products. Do you know how many things use Chicken broth in the making? far more than anyone realizes. (Hugs)Indigo

Beth said...

I tend to get stuck in a rut, too, when it comes to making dinner. But I love to browse recipe sites (AllRecipes is my favorite!) and try something new. I love skillet dinners, things like ground beef, beans, rice, tomatoes all cooked in one pan!

I do need to start branching out and trying to find new things, though!

Hugs, Beth

Ken Riches said...

There are so many recipies and menu sites out there, there is no reason to get in a rut. Hope you find the urge to branch out a bit :o)