Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bye Bye

Tomorrow two or three of the foster kittens will be leaving me. I don't know if it's permanent or not yet. For now, it's just so they can go to an adoption event that I am unable to attend. Originally I was supposed to bring the siamese kitten and Nutmeg, one of the calico's but the siamese kitten is having some... bowel issues so he has to stay. Then I noticed that the two orphan kitties are doing much better and would probably be good for an event. I've renamed them (again) in the spirit of Halloween. The black one is now Raven and the orange one is now Pumpkin. All this time I thought Pumpkin was a girl... I found out last night that Pumpkin is a boy. When they're itty bitty, it's hard to tell and I hadn't checked since they were tiny. I'm just glad the new name was unisex and I didn't have to come up with yet another. If those three go, I will have Saffron, Sage and Frosty left here. It sure will be nice to only have to clean a litter box for three kittens instead of six. You'd be shocked at how quickly one litter box fills up with that many kittens. I can't miss a night of cleaning it or I have to toss everything in it. I'll also be getting food and litter tomorrow. I used the last of the litter tonight and there wasn't much there. I'm not sure if my husband is aware or not but he'll be coming with me to drop them off. I have to drive through a questionable area in order to get to the other fosters house and never like going alone. Plus, I don't want to try to carry the food and litter at seven months pregnant. I've got to try and remember to get some pictures taken of those kittens before they leave in case they don't come back. I still think the orange and black kittens are ugly but maybe someone else will see their abnormally large eyes as endearing.

3 comments:

Adirondackcountrygal said...

I think all kittens are cute. When I worked at an animal shelter we had one cat come thru that was butt ugly. She had the body of a regular old cat, short hair, but the flat face of a Persian. Huge eyes. She was so ugly she was cute! I talked some lady into adopting her!

Lisa said...

I hope they find permanent homes. Love the names you've chosen. I have a Pumpkin, I call him Lil' P most of the time. I hate when I have to make a litter trip, ugh, I get 300 or 400 hundred pounds at a time and it is just such a pain in the ass to unload!!! I have to do the boxes in the cat house twice a day and I have 15 in there. Sometimes I think all I do is clean up poop from the animals. HAHA
xxx

Beth said...

I'll miss Raven. :( I'm just so happy they're doing well enough to move on, though! I remember it was touch and go for a while there....