Tuesday, December 30, 2008

You hurt yourself HOW?

I mentioned yesterday that I had an OB appointment today. The appointment went fine, every thing's normal, blah, blah, blah. It was before the appointment that things went south. My husband was in charge of getting me up. When ever I know I have an appointment and that the alarm isn't set, I get paranoid that the person designated to wake me, will be late. Ok, so this is usually my husband's job if the alarm doesn't take care of it and I can't recall a time he has ever been late enough that he made me late for an appointment. At any rate, I tend to wake up about a half hour before I need to and toss and turn trying to sleep till he comes in to get me. When he came in, I had been awake for a while but my bed is so warm and comfy, I just stayed there till I was forced to get up. For whatever dumbass reason, when I went to get out of bed, I got up as if I wasn't pregnant. Just hopped out of bed like it was a typical morning. And was met with some of the worst pain I've ever felt. I think I very badly pulled a muscle on the right side of my abdomen. It was the kind of pain that leaves you feeling sick. By the time I got to the OB's office, it was dulling so I didn't make a big deal of it but made sure to say several times that I thought I pulled a muscle. (and let me tell you, I felt like a huge ass saying that I pulled a muscle just getting out of bed) On the way home, it was still hurting but not as unbearable as it had been. Two hours after the pain began, it was gone. So when it was after ten tonight, I didn't think it would come back. I had plans, things to do, things to clean, etc. I decided to quickly put together the baby's bed since I was just waiting on the washer to finish it's cycle. The bed is actually a co-sleeper that sits next to our bed. It basically pops open, locks in place and you pull the side down. When I started putting it together, I didn't have the directions. It became obvious that I wasn't going to figure out how to get the side down on my own so after some searching I came up with the directions. All I did was reach down with my hand to release one of the sides of the sleeper. It's something I could've done with my foot but it was easier on my pelvic bones to reach down. I didn't come back up from the floor for a solid ten minutes. The pain was suddenly back. I must have used that same muscle that I'd hurt earlier in the day. Thankfully, it only took about an hour to feel normal again. I still finished that damned bed though. I come from stubborn people. It's in my veins. ;) Husband grounded me after that however. The dishes and kitchen cleaning will have to wait till at least tomorrow. Even then I'm under strict hubby orders to go slowly since he won't be here to help me if I end up on my ass for a few hours again. (he's taking his car to a friend's house to work on it) I'm sure I'll be able to work the dishwasher though. I'll just refrain from picking up anything heavy, at least till he gets home. ;)

2 comments:

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Sorry to hear you hurt yourself. Glad to hear hubby is helping a little.

Beth said...

Jamie, sometimes it's so weird how just one wrong move can twitch something so severely. A while back at work, I bent over to lift up a bin, and I thought I was going to scream/cry/fall on the floor.

Please take it easy, and don't make any sudden moves!

Love, Beth