Monday, December 29, 2008

I've never been so grateful to see the end of a day

My child woke up entirely too early this morning. I pawned her off on my husband and went back to sleep. When I woke up, several hours later, she hadn't taken a nap. She had spent those hours in her room, playing with her dollhouse. Apparently, when I woke up, it kicked her into some kind of pixie stick, cracked out state. Lack of sleep for my child is not good for us, the parents. It was a l-o-n-g 'effin day with that girl. She was bouncing off the walls, none stop. She wouldn't listen to anything we said or anything we asked her to do. And the only time her mouth stopped moving was the few minutes of peace we had when she passed out in the car on our way to the grocery store. I swear, getting her socks and shoes on before leaving was like trying to tie down Taz from the Looney Toons. I eventually said that if she didn't let me put her socks on, I would go without her and leave her at home with daddy. (it was obvious his nerves were wearing thin, even to her... daddy wasn't pleased at being used as a threat... but it worked) I shit you not, the second she woke up, she was right back to acting crazy. We decided in the car just to stop and get something to eat and while we were waiting for our little buzzer to go off, she was trying to lick my face, bite my fingers and stick her hand down my shirt. Pretty much all at the same time. *sigh* Mommy was actually extremely tolerant today, lucky child. If nothing else, for a while, I had a hard time stopping laughing to protect myself from her onslaught. Once we were sitting down, one of the managers (a male) came to talk to us. My daughter *huge sigh* got out of the booth and spanked his ass... twice. My god, I'm glad we know the guy's niece or it would've been even more embarrassing than it was. I don't think she sat still during the entire meal. I could see the veins in my husband's head throbbing from across the table. Jasmine, smartly, avoided that side of the booth. It didn't get any better when we got into Walmart. Thankfully, she stopped spanking people's butts. (she had also spanked a female managers butt while we were there but it wasn't as embarrassing because we're friends with her and she LOVES my daughter) We looked like those parents that have absolutely no control over their child. My husband was getting extremely frustrated and finally I said, just let her run the damned aisles, maybe it will wear her out. (please, please let it wear her out) It wasn't busy or I probably wouldn't have allowed it to that extent. It didn't wear her out. We got home and it was more of the same. Not listening, running through the house, tormenting the animals, more of the not listening. When she passed out (and it was definitely passing out... there was no falling asleep to it) while husband and I were watching Traitor, I actually said to him 'Thank god it's over.'

I eventually got photoshop to work late last night. It took uninstalling most of my larger programs but at least it's working. I didn't need any of the other stuff that was on there and had probably only used it once or twice in the three years I've had the computer. I spent a good two hours on it just playing with all the features it has. Not going to be able to do that tonight however. I have an OB appointment in the morning so I can't stay up too much later. I hate going to the doctor every single week. I don't look forward to not sleeping when this kid is born but at the same time, I'm ready for this to be over with. I feel a little bad saying that considering this is quite possibly my last pregnancy. (husband doesn't want anymore and I'm not sure I want to go through this again but if a whoops happened some day, I wouldn't be upset) I should enjoy every little foot trapped in between my rib cage because I may not get to feel it again. But, it hurts like hell and I just want my body back to myself. I'm REALLY going to regret saying this when I'm on two hours of sleep and have a baby that won't stop crying and a toddler who wants my constant attention, on top of a house that's a mess because when I'm not dealing with the two of them, I'll be sleeping. And then there's trying to feed myself and my husband. Psh, not going to happen. I'm sure the first few months I'll survive off of air and the occasional piece of food that some how ends up in my mouth. Crap this is going to suck. ;) (I'm 38 weeks for those who are unaware)


Adirondackcountrygal said...

Oh my Jasmine sure sounded like a handful! My son got into swearing at that age and called ever one he was mad at an effer. I was mortified! I miss pregnancy sometimes too. Enjoy it while you can!

Beth said... need to change her name to Tazmine! I had to laugh at her smacking the manager's ass. That does indeed sound like a long day. :( How can a human being have that much energy?! I hope today is a little calmer!

Love, Beth