Sunday, December 28, 2008

They say its your birthday

One of my birthday presents is seriously frustrating me. My husband bought me Photoshop. For whatever reason, any time I go to change a photo at ALL, the program freezes up and won't do anything. I have to end the program all together. I'm not sure what the issue is but I want to bang my head against a bed of nails. I've been wanting this program for years and then to have it in my possession and on my computer but not have it work... yeah I'm frustrated. I haven't let on to my husband that I'm having issues. I don't want to upset him that my present isn't cooperating. He also made me a photo album of pictures from the time we first got together, to now. Some of the pictures I don't remember ever even seeing before. It's also enforced the fact that I want to lose this baby weight as fast as possible. My pre-baby body and my post-baby body... yeah need to get back on my pilates. What I'm looking forward to more than the pilates however, is Dance Dance Revolution. My mom got it for me for Christmas. I've been asking for this game for years now. My brother seems to think it's a ridiculous game but I call it motivation. I don't like to be beaten by a video game, even if that video game requires me to bust a move. ;) I'm thinking of trying to find a game pad that doesn't work so that Jasmine doesn't try to steal mine while I'm playing the game. Shawn seems to think that my pilates mat will keep her occupied but the kid is really smart and I don't think it will take her much time to figure out that they're way different. The arrows on the DDR pad should be a pretty quick giveaway.

Why do my cats follow me around the house meowing even though they have food and water? They've also gotten tons of attention throughout the day. Yet they still meow.

My birthday started off with a trip to the mall. I received $70 worth of gift cards to Gloria Jeans (my family has come to terms with my addiction apparently... haha) so I thought I'd get myself a coffee without the guilt of spending $5 on a drink. While at the mall, I wanted to stop in to Sephora as I also have a gift card there. We didn't stay long. I want to buy some lip gloss or stain but it was crowded and my husband quickly became.. annoyed. An obviously well off woman practically walked through us while we were there.... several times. I could've understood once but she did it over and over again. It was as if we didn't exist, we were air. For once, it didn't bother me. I was looking at make-up, I could've cared less what she was doing. My husband however, threatened to put a make-up pencil through the woman's eye if we stayed much longer so I made a quick retreat to the Disney store, where there are few sharp objects. ;) Afterwards we went to see Marley and Me. I had read the book and knew that the end would be sad but had forgotten to warn my poor husband. I knew without looking at him that the tears had started when he pulled his Bears hat down a little further on his face. Poor man. As soon as it was over, he said to me, 'Could you have picked a sadder movie??' Even though I was aware of how it would turn out, I was nearly sobbing towards the end. Wow, they really knew how to bring out the tears. You could hear half the theatre sniffling. Which, of course, being the inappropriate person that I am, caused me to laugh a little... during a silent part in the movie that was extremely sad. And I wonder why it's so hard to get people to go places with me. ;) An example, (and I know I blogged about this at the time but it's been a while) of one of my... moments. We were out to dinner, Shawn, Jasmine and myself. I had noticed the middle aged couple sitting next to us as soon as they sat down. Eventually I had to ask.
Me : "Excuse me, I have to ask, are you guys newly married?"
Woman : "No, we're engaged to be married in three weeks"
Me : "I had a feeling you were either newly married or having an elaborate affair, otherwise I would've had to ask what you secret is to stay married so long and still have 'that' look."
My husband turned so red you would've thought he was going to catch fire. The woman, however, seemed flattered that they were so obvious about the newness of their love. I'm sure, at the very least, it gave them a fun story to tell people at the wedding. haha Back to the movie, Jasmine noticed I had been crying and kept asking why I was sad. She even tried to wipe away any tears she could find and then kept poking my nose to get me to smile. After a while, she figured out what was happening in the movie, buried her face in my lap and cried as well but was quiet about it and it was short lived. The kid can be so sweet when she wants to be.

6 comments:

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Oh boy, I hate crying at movies, its so embarrassing. I think I will wait until that one comes out on DVD! Linda

Adirondackcountrygal said...

By the way, glad you had a good birthday!

Ken Riches said...

Glad you had a nice Birthday, and avoided maiming anyone. Note to self, do not go out on Dec 27, Jamie & Hubby could be about.

Beth said...

That was very sweet of Hubby to put together a photo album for you! Aww. I don't know what to tell you about Photoshop, because I don't use it. A lot of bloggers do, maybe they know of something that would help...? I bet Photoshop also has a helpline or something on their web site. I think I'd start with uninstalling and then reinstalling.

Glad you enjoyed the movie, even though it was sad. I'm sure I would have been a little weepy ball, too!

You told the lady you thought they might be having an affair? LOLOL!

Hugs, Beth

cw2smom said...

Happy Birthday My Dear Sweet Jamie! I hope it was a great one! I love what you said that that couple! I am hoping that Cave Man and I will get to that point! ;) Be good to yourself kiddo! Love, Lisa

Perry Reichanadter said...

Perry doesn't want to go see the movie now that I told him what happens in the book. Don't know if I'll get him to go or not.

As far as PhotoShop goes. You have a PC so it may be totally different. But, it's a space hog. So, try closing all your other programs when you're using it. Also, if you know how, re-allocate space to it. Sorry, that's as specific as I get since I'm a Mac user. I hope you get it up and running though.

Merry late Christmas and Happy New Year!
Jeri