Sunday, November 30, 2008

Shoot, Sleep and Eat

I complain fairly often that my camera is not up to par. I'm sure a lot of this is the operator and not the camera. It was my first point and shoot, my previous have been SLR. I was used to setting up my shots, not having the camera use it's "brain." It's caused me a lot of frustration. The other day, I found the book to the damned camera and have seen some results. Yes, I've had the camera for a year. Yes it was egotistical that I thought I could just figure it out on trial and error. I've learned my lesson. Today was the first time I've been able to take a picture of my white cat and have it look like the cat. Before he had been a white blotch. He has beautiful blue eyes that I have yet to see on film. They're sensitive so he closes them the second the light comes on for the flash. One of these days he'll be in a room bright enough that I won't need the flash. Oh, that's something else! Every time I've tried taking a picture without the flash on, I've needed a tripod or the photos are ridiculously blurry. I've figured out that dilemma as well. I was actually able to take a picture, in the dark, of my Christmas tree without a tripod and the lights aren't blurred across the screen like a bad acid trip. Maybe I can get some decent shots with this camera occasionally until I can get my DSLR.

I didn't sleep all that well last night. I was too worried about Jasmine to sleep easily. In fact, I did my best NOT to sleep for as long as possible. Sometime between 5 and 6 I passed out however. She woke up about 11:30, no fever, nothing. I was still apprehensive and kept a close eye on her for several hours. She was looking pretty pale, just as she had yesterday but as the day went on, she pinked up. I tried to get some tylenol in her first thing, just in case but she never did take it. It shouldn't be a big surprise that I took a nap halfway through the day.

Once I was back awake, we headed to the bakery to order a cake. No, there's no special occasion, I've just had a craving for cake from this place. While we were there, we grabbed a few cupcakes and chocolate chip cookies. I liked the fluffiness of the cookies but still think mine are the best I've ever eaten. I'm going to heat the last one up and see if it changes my mind but I doubt it. I had to take half the frosting off the cupcakes. I just can't handle that much. Husband ate what I didn't want. Afterwards we headed up to Five Guys for some burgers. Jasmine really seems to like it there. It's a bit loud so she doesn't have to be mouse-like. I don't think we'll be able to get up there as much once the baby is born. It's not really baby friendly and as I said, it's loud.


cw2smom said...

Hope Jasmine is feeling better soon! Loud is good for babies...they'll learn to sleep thru anything that way! Have a great Sunday! Hugs, Lisa

Wes said...


I'm glad to read Jasmine is feeling a little better. I did that with camera years ago, I thought i could just point and shoot. I ended up reading the book, and discovered many things I did not know. You'll get the hang of it, and have the pictures you desire.

Five guys sounds very familar to me? I don't think we have one near here, but I could have ate at one on a job years back? Is there many of them, or is it just the one?

I hope you and your family have a great day tomorrow.