Monday, August 31, 2009

Poor Eggy

Finally made my chocolate chip cookies. They didn't turn out as good as last weeks. I'm not sure what I did different other than leaving the dry ingredients out over night. I had an issue with the eggs. I cracked one egg, mixed it into the sugars and butter. Cracked the second egg and instead of seeing yellow, it was red. There was a half formed baby chicken inside it. I went in the bathroom and cried. I didn't want Jasmine to see me crying over the egg or to realise that could even happen. I was told over and over again by various people that it's next to impossible to have that happen. I just couldn't make cookies after that and I tossed any eggs I had left immediately. From time to time I have fresh eggs but you can't get fresh eggs at 11pm, which is usually when I seem to want to bake the most. I will never get that image out of my head. I emailed the company and told them how upset I was and that I never planned to buy any of their products in the future. I made it very clear I wasn't looking to get coupons or anything from my complaint but just to make them aware of the issue and to take steps to make sure it didn't happen again.

I want to start writing a memoir. Not anything I ever plan to try and publish. It would be for me, eventually for my kids and grand kids. (my kids will be disowned if at least one of them doesn't give me a grand kid) I'm not sure if I want to start it now on my husband's laptop or wait till I can get another of my own. (the internal connection in mine was snapped off, the part that connects the computer to the charger... I've had it fixed once already and it broke within a week, which the guy said would probably happen) For now I'm just going to get one of those tiny netbooks since I only use my computer for internet usage, photography and small games. Eventually, I'd like to have two of my own, a macbook and a dell. The mac for my photography stuff and various other projects I'd like to embark on but would prefer to use Apple products. The dell for games mainly. I could start the memoir on the this computer but I had switching computers halfway through something. It's a very weird pet peeve of mine. I have many.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

What a horrible experience...and I love how you handled it. But please...PLEASE...do us a favor and tell us what brand it was.
Or...jot me a quick email?
Nancy

Beth said...

Ugh, I think that would put me off eggs for quite a while. And that would piss me off, because I love eggs! Good for you for writing the company.

If I were you, I would get a flash drive for your writings. You need to back up anyway, right? Tell me you know you need to back up! You can store your writing on the computer, and back it up on the flash drive. Then when you get your new computer, you can copy it all onto the new one. Ta-da! Hugs, Beth

Lisa said...

That is horrible about the egg, I would have been upset too. I rarely eat eggs and now I may not have any at all! I think the writing is a cool thing to do for future generations.