Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Need a sick day

I had the hardest time getting to sleep last night/this morning. My face hurt so badly that I can't even put it into words. And that was even after taking an ultram. And if my husband hadn't stayed home from work today, I wouldn't have gotten any sleep at all. Evan was awake from 8pm till 4am, slept for three hours and then would only sleep for fifteen minutes at a time for the rest of the day. And then he would only fall asleep if my husband held him a certain way, while rocking in the recliner. When he woke up at 7am, he felt like he was on fire so I took his temp., which was 102.6. I told him if it hadn't gone down with some motrin that he'd be going to the doctor. Luckily for him, it dropped almost a full degree within a half hour of taking the medicine. By the time I woke up this afternoon, he didn't feel like he had any fever at all. He even seemed a little better, better color, more smiles, etc. Still not sleeping real great though. He finally fell asleep eating a bottle (of which he's only had half of what he normally eats in a day) only to be woken up within ten minutes by my daughter's idiot cat opening our bedroom door. I would've killed the cat but Evan was screaming so the kitty had to wait. Another day kitty, another day. Evan screamed till he threw up, several times and then promptly fell back to sleep. I very carefully managed to move him into his own bed without waking him. That's where we're at now. Holding our breath in hopes that he stays asleep as long as possible.

My face hurts still today but not quite as bad as yesterday. My throat has been a little scratchy and painful so I decided to take a looksy on down there. Wow. My tonsils are so red that they look bloody in the cervices. Glad they don't hurt as bad as they look. The humidifier is going tonight, maybe we'll feel a little better in the morning. That's if I'm allowed to sleep at all.

Our house is officially up for sale in the AM. Just get it over with already.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Whew, sounds like an ordeal. I hope with some good sleep and good meds everyone will be on the mend PRONTO! Hugs, Beth

Lisa said...

I guess calling in sick isn't an option? I know better. Sorry to hear everyone is feeling so bad. Poor little Evan - awww, makes me feel so bad for the little guy. I hope everyone is feeling better soon.
xxx