Monday, August 10, 2009

Insane in the mouse brain

Seems we have a showing on Thursday. I'm still not sure how serious the guy is or if he's just checking out houses in our area. I know he plans on looking at another house on our road that is for sale. (the only other house for sale) I'm also not aware if he's using a realtor or not. I should write some of this stuff down and send my own realtor an email. I was a cleaning machine tonight, unfortunately, the screamer wasn't having any of it. I was surprised he allowed me to do as much as I did. I was able to sweep some of the front bedroom. (what a difference having a vacuum that actually sucks makes... we borrowed my moms') I also cleaned off the kitchen counters. Our realtor made a comment that if it isn't absolutely essential, then to hide it or pack it away when it comes to the counters. I'm trying to do what she asks without too much annoyance. I can't help but feel a little offended whenever a remark is made about what we should be doing differently. I know, I know. It's her job and she's trying to make this as fast and painless as possible. It's human nature though to feel a little judged in these situations, in my opinion. Half the time I'm thinking I'm sure if I went to your house right now that all these things wouldn't be done. But then the other part of my brain, the less defensive and slightly more sane part says that she isn't the one selling her house. I will do it to the best of my ability but I still refuse to get rid of my birds. (a "suggestion" that she made)

Last night, I found Saffron in the kitchen and he was playing with a mouse. He must have been at it for quite a while because he seemed rather bored with it. I scrambled for something to scoop the mouse up in and finally found a pitcher. I set it in front of the mouse and the dumb animal just sat there. A second later, Saffron came up behind it and just gave it a little tap-tap on the butt as if to say 'Get in there, ya varmint.' Usually when I remove one of Saff's "toys" he spends ten minutes searching for it. It showed just how bored he was of the game when he went and laid down to take a nap. I don't think the mouse lived long outside though. On the outside, the mouse looked fairly intact. Missing a little hair and had a small puncture on his head (probably from a nail, not tooth). I turned over the pitcher outside and heard a thump. I was in grass so there shouldn't have been any thumps. I tossed him on his head, onto the hose. He scampered away... eventually. Tonight, Savannah threw up (thank you for making it to the tile doggy!!!) and as I usually do, I looked at the contents to make sure everything was normal. I just wanted to make sure she didn't eat anything she shouldn't have and possibly injured her insides. She had thrown up what appeared to be a mouse. Ick. I'm just glad it didn't smell. As I've gotten older, some smells make my stomach turn, therefore, I'm always grateful when an animal does something nasty but keeps the stinky on the inside. haha (if Jasmine hides a glass of milk somewhere and I have to empty after days of sitting out... I gag)

2 comments:

Ken Riches said...

A wonderful entry to start my day with LOL :o)

Beth said...

You're making my tummy gurgle and churn. Bleah.... ;)

Good luck with the showing. Hugs, Beth