Friday, August 21, 2009

Voila

24 hours ago, I felt like I was going to throw up. I felt like death warmed over. I felt awful. Now, I feel almost fine. Whatever this was (and I still believe it was the flu) it left as fast as it came. I still have a little stuffy nose (nothing really even noticeable) and some junk in my lungs but I feel great. My cat followed me on my multiple trips to the bathroom to dry heave. What a good kitty. He sat next to me at the toilet, followed me to the kitchen for a drink of water, and back to the bathroom, over and over again. I figured he'd be pissed at me since the day before I shaved him. I ended up taking a Phenergran to stop the nausea. It also works as a sedative so shortly afterwards, I was asleep. I just can't believe how good I feel today considering what I felt like last night. I woke up feeling a little ucky but when Shawn got home, I went in Jasmine's bedroom (more comfortable bed) and took a nap. When I woke up, I felt great.

It's all good timing as well. My cousin is driving up from Indy tomorrow afternoon and staying till late Saturday. I'm so excited to have him for the night. He's recently come out to our family as being gay and this will be his first visit since it's been made official. I'm sure he's a little nervous about how everyone will act around him but I don't expect there will be any changes. Most of us suspected for years and I'm glad he's come out and doesn't feel he has to hide who he really is around us any longer.

3 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Glad you feel better, have a great visit.

Beth said...

Yay, all better! Shawn is safe from a spoon-stabbing! ;)

I know you'll have a great visit with your cuz, and it's great that he feels comfortable with you. Have fun! Hugs, Beth

Lisa said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better now!!