Saturday, August 1, 2009

Common sense comes in small humans

Jasmine follows me to the bathroom.
"What are you doing?"
From her tone, it's obvious she does not approve. I try to find a way to explain but find I'm at a loss.
"You can stay and watch if you want but shut the door already."
She watches as I apply scalding hot wax to my nether regions, the least sensitive of those parts. She questions my application, the heat of the wax and how long I've let it sit. Finally, I bite down, grab one end of the wax and rip. Jasmine seeing what I've done is... horrified but not nearly as horrified as I am when I look down and realize that all that pain with almost no gain. Sure there's evidence of said pain on the wax but it left more than it took. Mmmmkay. Maybe I did it wrong. I re-read the directions, and try again. This time I'm aware of the pain that I'm about to cause myself and hesitate at the last second. This causes more pain and yet, the same end result. Jasmine tells me to use the shaver since it doesn't hurt. I put the lid back on the scalding hot goop from hell and resolve to try it another day, maybe on my underarms but I've learned my lesson about... other regions. And have come to the conclusion that in some instances, a four year is smarter than an adult.

5 comments:

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Strange what women do for "beauty"...

Beth said...

I can just imagine the look in her eyes! XO

Ken Riches said...

Makes me think of the scene in 40 year old virgin, ouch :o)

cw2smom said...

Yikes!!! I've had my upper lip waxed and it hurts like HELL! I can't imagine doing it THERE! You are a brave woman, Sweetie! LOL! Jasmine is a smart little girl! Love, Lisa

Wes said...

Children and their fascination with the Bathroom. Constantly there, no matter what you do. I can relate to part of this entry.

I had a friend growing who couldn't grow hair any where on his body! Except the head of course, I took his word on the rest.

Wes