Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I want my effin' cookies!

I should be enjoying fresh chocolate chip cookies right now. However, I neglected to thoroughly read the directions of the new recipe I'm trying. Turns out after making a massive batch of these cookies, they have to stay in the fridge overnight. Every single time I open the refrigerator, I have to stare at the batter and imagine how good it would taste. :( This is the largest amount of ingredients I have ever used to make any cookies, let alone chocolate chips. Almost five cups total flour. (and I had to use three different kinds) Close to three cups of combined sugars. I almost, almost didn't have a bowl big enough. I hate when a recipe says something along the lines of "use the paddle attachment on your mixer). Yeah, I don't have three hundred dollars to toss into a KitchenAid right now. You know what that means? I had to mix that batch the old fashion way. Elbow grease and all. Someday, I will invest in a KitchenAid, someday. I know, *gasp*, me get a KitchenAid. But you swore you would never own an appliance that does what you can do by hand. Yes, well, I changed my mind. There are some things a KitchenAid does that are a great deal easier to do using good ole electricity. I won't use it every time. I promise. :)

6 comments:

EmcogNEATO! said...

Torture. I hugged a KitchenAid on display at Meijer this weekend. True story.

Robin said...

I sometimes use my largest (cook soups in it) pot as a mixing bowl. Um, b/c I obviously don't have a mixer, either. But, I do enjoy baking, and not much else in the kitchen, other than decorating certain baked goods.

I bet your cookies will be fantastic.

Bookncoffee said...

Your entry reminded me of the Neiman Marcus cookie. My Hubby made this huge batch and it took us HOURS. We were so into the project and couldn't quit. We were making Christmas cookies in our younger days for Christmas presents. I have just now sent him an email telling him we need to do that again this year. Oh that cookie is excellent. It's all homemade ingredients and includes the chocolate chips and oatmeal. It is NOT the original Neiman Marcus but the one that went around in the emails. It's on Snope's...Enjoy if you ever get to eat them. lol

Beth said...

I have a stand mixer, but it's been a while since I used it. I don't have room for it on the counter, and I rarely bake! Man, that's a lot of cookie dough...hope the cookies turn out good! XO Beth

Ken Riches said...

Sounds like a lot of work, hope they are worth the weight :o)

Mr. Mcknob said...

You gotta take some pictures of those cookies. Maybe even send me one so I can tast it for you. ;) I hope they are worth it. 3 kinds of sugar!!! Sounds good to me!