Friday, August 7, 2009

Busy busy busy

Been a busy week. Some shopping was done throughout the week. We had to get the kids some clothes for fall/winter. It's fun to buy stuff for them. The clothes are just so adorable that I have a hard time putting things back, even when we have more than enough.

We headed to Chicago yesterday to Brookfield Zoo. Next summer I think we'll go to Fort Wayne or Toledo. They're a little smaller and more comfortable. Brookfield isn't stroller friendly at all and there is a great deal of walking. (we lost our map and ended up getting pretty turned around) Jasmine enjoyed the dinosaurs they had this year and was convinced they were real. We let her believe it. She'll know soon enough that the world isn't what it seems all the time, why ruin fun things for her now? We went into the butterfly house and for the first time in one of those things, I had not one but two of them land on me. They were pretty but the zoo closer to my house has much nicer ones. (but about three hundred less at a time, Brookfield usually has around six hundred flying) We didn't take any pictures. A rarity for us. I was exhausted, and a little cranky so photos were pretty much the last thing on my mind. (I had absolutely no sleep upon leaving for the zoo) Many of you already know that I was so tired that I actually fell asleep on a park bench while Shawn and Jazz were eating. That's a new one for me.

I will be getting four additional kittens within a few days. I have to set up a day to pick them up. They will be thrown in with the litter I have now. (the litter that refuses to stop nursing) I have some pictures of this litter and the last that I need to put up. I'll try to get to that tonight. This is by far one of the cutest litters I have had yet. They have great personalities too. Absolutely awwable. :)

We found out this evening that we already have someone interested in our house. It hasn't even been put up for sale yet. The guy was referred to my realtor and she mentioned that ours would be up soon and he wants to see it. (without even knowing what we'll be listing it at) Kind of freaks me out that it could go that quickly. I don't want it to take forever but I'd like to have some time to really get used to the idea. It's barely even been a month since I contacted our realtor to get things started.

3 comments:

Sage Ravenwood said...

With this econony quick is far better than a wait. A wait could take months even another year to come through.

Sounds like a great time at the zoo. Strange they wouldn't have it stroller friendly. After all who else goes to the zoo much outside of families. (Hugs)Indigo

Beth said...

Yes, when it comes to selling a house, quick is definitely better!

It's been some time since I've been to Brookfield, but yeah, it's definitely a workout walking around there. Hope your bench nap was a good one. ;) Love, Beth

Ken Riches said...

Been a while since I have been to P-Zoo, and even longer for Beth. We will need to get up there one of these days, support the local zoo and all :o)