Monday, June 1, 2009

Good boy, rest now

It's been a little bit of a somber day here. We found out in the mid-afternoon that my aunt and uncle had to have their border collie, Ringo put to sleep. I'm glad we all got the chance to visit with him yesterday. Particularly my husband, who absolutely adored him. Ringo is the reason we became interested in border collies. He was so in love with that fluffy herding dog that he knew he wanted one of his own. Mia has been the ideal dog from day one. It's so shocking as he looked so good while we were with him. Very full of energy for a 14 year old dog and happy as he always was. Something happened (I don't know exact details) and he had some internal bleeding. Due to his age, they decided his best option was to be euthanized rather than risk having him suffer in any way. He was a wonderful dog who had a fantastic, exciting life. (he even had his fifteen minutes of fame on Pet Star with Boxer sister, Buddy) I don't usually cry over animals that are not my own but I have to say, I've shed more than a few tears today. He will be fondly remembered by all who met him.

3 comments:

Mr. Mcknob said...

I hate to hear about your loss. You have a beautiful family and a beautiful blog. I love all of the pictures. Keep flying high.

Beth said...

I'm sorry about Ringo. Losing a pet is NEVER easy. XO

Ken Riches said...

Glad you got to see him one last time :o)