Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I'm going over the fence.. and I'm not leaving till I find a dead body. No one knocks off an old man in my neighborhood and gets away with it.

We have all come down with this cold/sinus infection. Jasmine... does not cope well when she isn't feeling good. She would sleep a max. of two hours and then be up for several hours. During the time she was asleep, Evan would wake up. She's been extremely whiny and emotional. (i.e. balling her eyes out for little or no reason... I asked her if I could get her anything and she started crying as if I just asked if I could feed her hot coals) She did her usual round of vomiting today. I knew it was coming. She always throws up when she gets sick. Too bad my couch was her target. I didn't start feeling too badly until about 11pm. There's a lot of sinus pressure on my left side. It's left me with a headache... which is about the time Evan decided to start crying and crying and crying. He doesn't seem sick so I'm not sure what his problem was. I've been a little more cranky than usual with me and Jazz being sick. All last week Shawn was sick and avoided being around us to try and keep us from getting it. But that made me bitchy as I was then dealing with two kids all week long with absolutely no break. Now we have this week where he is getting over it and I have one kid that is sick, I'm sick and I'm sure the other will get it causing me to feel as if I'm still not getting a break. Not his fault at all but it's my party and I'll be pissy if I want to. :)

Yesterday, I met my neighbor. My husband always whines when I ask him to go over there and talk to the guy. The only time I send him over is when we know about something serious going on in the neighborhood that would concern them. (like a few weeks ago when there were numerous break-ins) I would make fun of him to no end about how anti-social he is with the neighbor guy. I've met his wife. I wasn't a fan of hers but at least she seemed somewhat... normal. Jazz and I were out front planting some gladiolas when one of their tiny dogs got out of the fence. As I've stated many times on here, we live on a very busy road so I snatched him up before he could make a run for it. I walked over, knocked on the door. You would expect someone to be... I don't know... somewhat grateful that you kept their dog from death but I shit you not, the guy looked like he would've rathered the dog got hit by a car than had me at his front door. All he said to me was "I'm sorry." I can't portray the creepiness of that phrase through text. Have you seen that movie, "The Burbs," with Tom Hanks? That was the first thing that came to mind after meeting that guy. And all he said to me were those two words. I got the hell out of dodge and apologized to my husband for ever asking him to speak to that guy. I'm a pretty good judge of character and let me tell you, that guy has serial killer written all over him. My husband thinks I'm slightly overreacting but agrees that he's more than a little weird.

2 comments:

Beth said...

It's been years since I've seen "The Burbs," but I recall it being surprisingly dark and creepy. I don't think I'd be inviting that neighbor over for a cookout anytime soon! Feel better soon, hon. Love, Beth

Ken Riches said...

Serial Killer neighbors is not a good thing. I know we have some questionable ones, but not quite that creepy.