Friday, June 26, 2009

How long will we hear about this?

Am I the only person with a memory these days? Why is it that when a horrible person dies, we are expected only to say nice things about them? My dad's father was a racist, a shitty father and a shitty grandfather, why should I deny that just because he died a few years ago? Why should we ignore the fact that Michael Jackson was more than likely a child molester? (and I believe that he was) He was a guy who had his fifteen minutes of fame but that doesn't suddenly make the horrible things he did just go away. I for one, will not be sad about his death. Farrah Faucet died today as well but her death will go practically unnoticed. She fought a very hard battle against colon cancer and shared that fight with the world, if only to be a friend to someone in need that was going through the same thing. Cry for Farrah, not Michael.

2 comments:

Robin said...

While I'm not crying for either, not literally, both contributed to the culture of my life. There is real evil or sickness or something in someone capable of being a pedophile. That's really sick, and I am glad that ability is stopped and hope his victims feel some peace now. The music, well, it's still a part of my life, my first concert jackson 5. I wish he'd gotten well, physically, and mentally, could have made some amends first. The left hand doesn't then excuse the right hand (or whichever), and he should have been jailed for his crimes against children. Still a talented musical icon. I feel quite sorry for Farrah and her struggles and sure hope she's in peace now. God be with her, with all those who have lost loved ones celebrities or not.

Beth said...

OMG, I was just telling Ken that it seems that everyone has sort of forgotten what a freak Jacko became over the past few years. Ken reminded me that he was not convicted of anything, and that's true. But he obviously had some mental problems and was most definitely a troubled individual. I had to admit that Elvis was also a bit of a freak in his latter years, but I still love Elvis...of course, I think Elvis's music was much better than Jacko's, although there were some fun dance songs from Jacko.

Can you tell that I'm conflicted by this? However, but, although, of course...I just find it odd that so many had recently condemned Jacko recently for being a bit of a freak, and he hasn't been really musically relevant for quite a few years now...and suddenly he's some sort of musical deity.

Love, Beth