Thursday, June 25, 2009

Going, going, gone

Good news? My laptop is once again working thanks to some guy my husband works with. Thanks husband and some guy! My fosters are at petsmart looking to be adopted. (the kitten has a pretty good spot at a home already)

Bad news? Yeesh. My husband had a meeting today for his work. Approximately 300 people will be laid off at the first of the year. My husband isn't in that number. However, they will be going down to minimum hours. We cannot afford our house payment on those hours. We will lose our house. We are in a frenzy to get it on the market and sold by the first of 2010. My husband has two weeks off in the beginning of July and another the beginning of August and we will spend those three weeks, cleaning, and fixing what we can. We will lose money on the house and will not end up getting what we paid for it. Right now, I'm trying not to freak out. It is what it is. There's not a whole lot we can do to change it. No matter what, we will not be homeless. I am grateful that we are in a better position than most that are in a similar situation. We have somewhere to go even if our house was to go into foreclosure. (ick, bad word, bad word) We'll be moving back in with my mom for a time. In the end, it will probably help everyone at least financially. (if we don't all kill each other first) We can help my mom with her bills and save money for the next adventure in house buying. I've learned my lesson off this house. Don't ever leave the dogs unattended in the house, particularly while sleeping or away. Don't buy a house as expensive the next go around. Don't leave the dogs unattended in the house. Oh wait, said that once... well it bears repeating. Buy a house in the husband/wife approved school zones. Ok, now that I'm writing it all out, I'm starting to feel sick. I've been stress eating since early today. Thankfully, I have a lot of low fat (but still yummy) snacks on hand right now. At least I won't gain 20lbs on top of it. haha

On Friday, I will be getting six new fosters. They are brother and sister gray tabby kittens. They look so much alike that the current foster has paper collars around their necks in different colors so that she can tell them apart. I'll be getting them to help socialize them. They are a bit on the wild side and skittish. I will have them for around three weeks so we'll have a lot of work to do with them in a small time frame. Jasmine is really good as socializing them. Most of my kittens are extremely friendly and relaxed mainly because of my daughter. I'm glad there are six this time around and not just the one. Poor Eleanor never got put down since she was the only kitten!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I'm sorry to hear about your house/job woes, Jamie. I hope it all works out, and at least you know you'll still have a roof over your head until you can get back into your own place. Hugs, Beth

Ken Riches said...

Hope you get more for your house than you think. At least you have some advance warning and some time to get things taken care of. Glad he at least still has a job.