Saturday, January 24, 2009

Panic

I can't help but feel panic at the thought of my husband going back to work on Wednesday. I wonder how I will ever stay sane. Evan doesn't sleep for me. When you put him in his bed, he wakes up every fifteen minutes. He sleeps great anywhere else but not there. I don't want him to be in the habit of sleeping in a bouncer or some place else. It makes it really hard to get them to sleep where they're supposed to later on. I would know. And yet, it's the only way we can get him to sleep for any period of time. I have only slept a total of two hours during the same time he's asleep since he's been home. The rest of the time I've been able to sleep has been when I wake my husband up in the morning to take him for me. By the time I wake up, it's as if my brain has been in a full panic throughout my sleep and I wake up feeling the same. I immediately started crying this morning when I walked out in the living room and told my husband I was sorry and I just don't know how I'm going to do it. It's not too hard to think things will be ok in the middle of the day but first thing in the morning and in the evening, I feel totally freaked out. I don't know how I would've gotten through the last few days if my husband hadn't been able to stay home. Oh and I can't sleep when the baby sleeps like I did with my daughter. Why? Because I have to watch my daughter if she's awake. She may not purposely hurt Evan but she can be clumsy when she gets playing and easily hurt him. She can also hurt him on accident just because she doesn't understand how delicate babies are and that they can't eat anything except their bottles. By the way, I've still been reading all of your blogs but I doubt I'll be commenting much over the next few weeks. I'm still visiting however.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Jamie, maybe you and Shawn can figure out something to help you. Can he take a little longer off of work? Can your Mom come and stay with you for a few days? I hate hearing that you're panicking, but I know thinking about it is really worrying and upsetting you. :(

Love, Beth

Ken Riches said...

In a few short months you will be able to look back and marvel at how fast this stage passed. I was going to suggest the same things Beth did. Jasmine will get the hang of things soon.

Sage Ravenwood said...

Hang in there hon. I agree with Beth and Ken, over time Jasmine will understand what she can and can't do with little Evan. Can you hold Even while you both sleep. That way you will be able to know if anything is amiss. I used to fall asleep with Skye on my chest. Your in my thoughts dear one. (Hugs)Indigo

Ice Pony Girl said...

Hi...can you get someone to come in to help for a few hours a week? My daughter has a nanny come in on T & T ...really helps.

{{{HUGS}}}