Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A week gone by

A week ago I was crying in a hospital room by myself. I thought that moment would never end and I'd never be home. Funny how all other moments pass by so quickly and those other, awful times seem to drag by. When you really want it to be the other way around. The good moments to slow down and take their time, while the misery speeds by. Evan is doing well when he doesn't have a gassy tummy. Jasmine is... about the same as she was before he was born although you can tell she is paying attention to who I am spending my time with and doing the math in her head. I've been doing my best to spend more time with her than with him but it's going to get more difficult now that my husband is going back to work tomorrow. She'll adjust but it's going to be hard on everyone. And to answer the questions, there is no one to help me besides my MIL and I'd rather gnaw off a finger or two. I had to be on my own eventually, might as well get it over and done with. I'll post pictures of him soon. I just don't have very good ones on my camera so I'm hoping to get some off my mom's camera, which turned out better. Other than that, I'm feeling better this time around than I did with my daughter. I was in pain for weeks after I had her. With Evan, I have to remind myself to slow down or else I'm in pain later as my body just isn't ready to return to life as normal. My only real complaint is my chest hurts almost all the time. He sniffles and it hurts. If my husband is feeding him in the other room, I wake up because my chest is hurting. It's weird. I'm not breastfeeding so I'm just waiting for these things to go down. And then I'll be able to take hot showers again.

3 comments:

cw2smom said...

Glad you are all doing well and adjusting! Poor Jasmine! I remember when I brought my son home and Tam was 3! It was an adjustment for sure! Oh...and I remember how those engorged breasts felt too! Ouch! Can't wait to see photos! Get as much rest as you can! Hugs, Lisa

Beth said...

I didn't even suggest the MIL because I knew that was not an option. ;)

Ken Riches said...

Hope things go smoothly with Hubby going back to work :o)