Thursday, January 8, 2009

Note to Self

Check to make sure you have all ingredients BEFORE deciding to bake something at midnight. I had everything mixed together, except for the eggs, when I realized, I only had one egg. I needed two. Oh well, I guess we'll see how chocolate chip cookies taste missing an egg. Not bad, just a little crunchy. I liked the taste of the extra brown sugar however and next time will omit 1/4 a cup of flour in place of an extra 1/4 cup of brown sugar. I had read that some other people had done similar things with similar recipes but was afraid to try taking out any flour. Now I realize, the brown sugar is worth the risk. ;) I actually wanted cupcakes tonight but I knew ahead of time that I didn't have the ingredients needed.

Being so pre-occupied with this whole pregnancy thing, I feel like I'm losing my brain. Last week, I forgot that I'd put Rocky (pit bull) outside to go potty. He was outside in the cold for four hours before my husband got up for work and let him in. (and told me the dog about gave him a heart attack... when he's excited, he runs at you and it sounds like a herd of elephants) Tonight, I completely forgot to let the dog out at all. It wasn't until I went to let everyone out for the last time (something I only do during the week as my husband gets up early enough in the morning that I don't need to do it on the weekend) at about 4am that it dawned on me that he hadn't been out. He can't go out with any of the other dogs (unless supervised and then only with the two black female dogs) so he had to wait till everyone else came back in. As I was walking out of the back room he smacked his cage with his paw as if to say 'Bitch I KNOW you're not going to leave me in this cage AGAIN.' When he was able to go out, he ended up getting his tie out tangled up around a tree and he looked so guilty as normally he's able to untangle himself.

As if you haven't gathered by now, there's still no baby and I'll be 40 weeks on Monday. I don't want to be induced but if I make it 41 weeks, they will all but force me to make the appointment to have it done. Jasmine came on her due date so I nothing to go off of with previous births. Speaking of Jasmine, another quiet day with a nice child. I'm not going to believe it's going to be that easy. Every day I've held my breath, waiting for the flood gates to open but so far, nothing. It's hard to enjoy it however, when you're always waiting.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Oh, gosh, taking care of everyone (Rocky, Jasmine, YOU, ingredients)..... yep, let's get that growing baby on his or her OWN now, well, outside of you.... S/he will come. Soon.

Sage Ravenwood said...

Grins, well you know the saying kill em with kindness *winks*, I think Jasmine has gotten the hang of it. I don't know how many times I've jeryrigged something together because of missing ingredients and I don't have a child inside of me. Rocky seems to be showing a bit of attitude, it's kind of cute to think the pitbull feels patronized.

Yowza, gotta tell you I can't give you a hint as to what to expect. Skye was two weeks overdue, heading for the 3rd week. They knew the due date was right, I knew exactly when I was pregnant. She just didn't want to come. She was wrong side up, backwards, you named it. Every which way but right (As if that wasn't a clue to what kind of kid she would be). I'm hoping it goes alot easier for you. Meanwhile train hubby on how to insert a few words on here until you can get back to us, in the event your in labor. (Hugs)Indigo

Ken Riches said...

Crunchy cookies sound good :o)

Adirondackcountrygal said...

You need someone to take care of you for goodness sake! You are about to have a baby! Hope it comes soon!