Sunday, January 4, 2009

Jaded

I've not been feeling very positive today. I don't know if it's the amount of shootings/home invasions that have been happening around here, the violence in the Gaza Strip or just everything in general. I'm starting to feel a little jaded and pissed off at humans in general. I tend to be obsessive about checking local news sites and cnn several times a day. I don't typically watch the news so the only way I know what's going on in the world is by going to the websites. Reading this stuff all day is having an effect on me.

And then there's the way I woke up this morning. Yesterday, Jasmine only slept for a few hours before waking up. My husband usually has more sleep than I do since I go to bed after him so he took her and let me sleep. Today, she had been asleep for maybe five hours before I heard her start moving around and then she started talking. It only took a second or two before I figured out what woke her up. Molly was getting up over and over again, then flopping down on the floor with a sigh. The dog was actually trying to wake someone up. I tried to get Jazz back to sleep for a little while but every time she would start to pass out, the dog would get up again. Eventually, I came unhinged and went after the dog, waking up my husband. He said I looked like Godzilla getting up to destroy Tokyo. He took the dog and put her outside but by then the damage was already done. The kid was up. Molly is banned from the bedroom for a while. Hopefully, she'll sleep tomorrow morning since the bored dog will not be in here.

2 comments:

cw2smom said...

I know what you mean about humanity! After working in a prison all those years, I was still amazed at what we HUMANS could do to one another. It's incredible and disheartening. Probably not a good idea to absorb much of that negative energy by watching tv or reading about stuff like that too often! I avoid most of it anymore. Blessings, Lisa

Adirondackcountrygal said...

I have to sleep with earplugs and a white noise maker. We have two dogs in the bedroom and their typical doggy noises of moving about, jingling, licking, snorting etc.. drive me nuts!