Monday, January 12, 2009

Missin' my colorful world

I have to apologize for my lack of commenting on some blogs recently. Or at the very least the lack of me in the comments I'm leaving. I've been in a funk for the last two weeks or so. It could be that I'm sick of this pregnancy and ready for it to be done or other things that are just piling up. Maybe it's the winter. I miss the sun. And GREEN on the trees. Oooooh and pretty flowers. I would go buy some indoor flowers but as most my family is aware, I torture them and then kill them. My husband bought me a rose last Valentine's Day and I kid you not, I've managed to kill the thing three times and bring it back to life twice. We're still waiting to see if it will survive my last attempt at it's death. It's a good thing we plan to sell this house some day because it's this time of year that I would lose my mind and paint the walls lime green or something just as odd in order to bring some color back into the dull winter months. (and I have been known to do odd things to the house in the winter... like suddenly ripping all the paneling off the walls of one of the bedrooms one night... they're still bare and need new paneling) Worse months are to come, in my opinion. I hate spring. Spring isn't pretty until it's almost summer. The kid's books always show pictures of new flowers and trees budding in Spring. They leave out the pictures of rain and mud, more rain, lots more mud. Yuck. I really should've been born in a different part of the country. ;) My favorite part of winter is here and gone. The only colorful part. Christmas. Pretty lights were everywhere. I was one of the last people in my neighborhood to turn off all my lights. I had left on a set in one of the windows till about last weekend. (my tree however was taken a part the day after Christmas... mostly because it was VERY much so starting to look the part of a dead tree)

I'm also going through some bitchin' hot flashes. I never, ever want to go through menopause. It may seem selfish that my husband is forced to shiver night after night because I turn the heat down repeatedly but he can put some more blankets on. I, however, would be naked if I removed any more clothing. My only option is turn down the heat. We are supposed to have a high of 5 two days in the next week. A HIGH of 5. Because of how hot I always am, I'm almost looking forward to it. It will make the house seem a whole lot cooler than when the high is 28. I swear, there are times I think I could plunge my face into the snow outside and it would all rapidly melt away as steam poured from my face. And I would still be hot. ;)

3 comments:

Beth said...

I'm with ya, hon, I'm already anxious for summer, too. We've got a little ways to go, so we'll just hang in there together, okay?

I'm sorry to break the news to you, but menopause is inevitable. ;) I'm way ahead of you, so I'll let you know how it goes!

Love, Beth

Adirondackcountrygal said...

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. Hang in there!

Ken Riches said...

Hope you deliver soon, LOL.

It is the opposite here, I am the furnace and Beth is usually cold :o)