Monday, January 19, 2009


I don't have much to say today but I keep meaning to post something on this before I forget. (but I keep forgetting... haha) A couple nights ago, several of my dogs became sick and I assumed it was from the chili peppers. A day or so later, my mom was reading an article and found that it wasn't the peppers at all. (although I'm sure they didn't help) Turns out, onions are extremely toxic to dogs. The enchiladas I made were supposed to have an entire onion in them. Luckily, I don't like onions so I used less than half of an onion. They also only got a very small amount of the food mixed in with their dinner as what we didn't eat, went to work with my husband the next day. There were probably very few pieces of onion in the food and yet, it still upset their bodies. My mom read in the article that the amount of onions that come on a whopper are enough to cause toxicity in a medium sized dog. So if you have dogs, or plan to have some in the future, onions are a no-no. I'm sure I read something on it before and thought why the hell would you give a dog an onion? I won't forget it again.


Beth said...

Wow, I'd never heard that. Ken used to have dogs, I wonder if he knew that?

Hugs, Beth

cw2smom said...

Thanks for that info. Grapes/raisins are also toxic, along with chocolate..which I think most people already know about. I never heard about onions though! Wow! Hope they are better! Cabbage for drying up breasts? Wow...another thing I learned from you...youngster! LOL! Take care! Lisa