Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Still LOLing about the vibrator

Hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day and remembered what the day was really about during the activities. I spent mine at my mom's, which we've been doing for, well, I think every year. We do what most families are doing on Memorial Day. Eating hamburgers and hot dogs and sharing stories as well as some good conversation. I think I love being with all of them more than anything else I could be doing. I'm lucky that I'm able to say that as I'm sure there are many other people out there that don't feel that way. Just be careful when you say some phrases. Make sure to enunciate when saying vibe reader... otherwise... it sounds like vibrator. As in 'I guess I'm just not a good vibe reader.' I laughed so hard, I snorted. For the family reading this, that one was from Jeff. :)

Last Tuesday I went into the doctor's office for some back pain I've been having. It started as a shooting pain I would get in the center of my back whenever I would sit up from a laying position. It has since become at the very least, a constant dull ache along with the shooting pains. My doctor tried (to the point of his arms shaking) to get that particular area to crack but had no luck. He gave me a few things I'm supposed to do once a day to try and get it to crack or at least stretch out the area a little. He found that I have limited movement when turning to my right and thinks it's probably from the same thing. I have one week before he would like to see the pain gone or send me to physical therapy. I'd really prefer to avoid P.T. What he did was uncomfortable enough and he told me they'd go more in depth with it. My husband wants me to see a chiropractor. I don't like the idea and it would probably cause me to pass out or get close to it. I have to feel comfortable with someone to allow them to fidget with my back and comfort, for me, takes time. I had my brother (as of yet the only person that can do it) crack my back today but he couldn't get low enough to do that area. He was afraid he would hurt me. I'm to the point where sleeping is uncomfortable. There's not a place I can pinpoint the discomfort, it just seems impossible to find a good position to sleep in. I've been cursing those vertebrae for a week now. :)

On top of that, I've been trying desperately to work on my posture. The other day, I was sitting here and realized I was slouched so badly that it would be painful for anyone else. I thought 'Crap, I honestly think my posture is worse that Kate Holmes' Since then, I've been trying to remember to sit up straighter and stand up taller. It's easy to forget. I have to remind myself it seems a thousand times a day. My hope is that eventually it will be five hundred times, then one hundred and then never. This is something I've let go for far too long.

While at my mom's, Evan was trying to roll over. He would just sooooo close and then roll back. He did this over and over again. Not an hour after we were home, he rolled over completely. I wasn't able to witness Jasmine do it. One minute she was on her back in her crib, I left the room, came back and she had rolled over. Therefore, when I placed him on the living room floor today, I never took my eyes off the little monster. Shawn missed it but I'm not sure that it's quite as big of a deal to men. Maybe I'm wrong. I took pictures. Yes, I remembered to sit there watching him like a hawk, camera on the entire time. At this very second, he is attempting to roll over in his co-sleeper. (one of the best inventions ever by the way, he's safe so I can't roll over on him and yet close enough that I don't have to move out of bed at all to feed him at night) Next one should be sitting up on his own. Then he may or may not crawl. Some babies just go straight to walking. Jasmine did a funny kind of crawl. She only really used one leg. I wish we would've gotten it on tape but back then I don't think any of us had a camcorder.

No comments: