Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sleep soon please

Today... well, it was a day. I wish Evan would fall asleep so I could try and pass out. Jasmine fell asleep earlier than usual so I actually have a chance to rest, even if I don't fall asleep.

Jazz was outside earlier today with Mia and Savannah. I was watching from the backdoor. When she saw me, she started screaming that Savannah had a little baby bunny. I was looking right at the dog and her mouth was empty but I went out any way to take a look. Sure enough, there is a tiny bunny on the ground. Today had probably been his first day ever out of the nest. It would be his last. She had punctured a hole in his abdominal wall. The only thing not on the outside was his bladder, lungs and heart. And he was still breathing. I carried him up to the house, not really knowing what I was going to do with him but I wasn't going to let my three year old watch him be killed by her favorite dog either. Shawn was outside and asked if I wanted him to put it out of it's misery. I hate making that decision without drugs on hand. It's like playing executioner. However, there was no doubt he was going to die, it was just a matter of when and how long he would suffer. He gently took the bunny, drove away with him and came back and told Jasmine we took the bunny to his mommy and daddy. :( I went back out to make sure there weren't anymore. There was but it was barely recognized as a bunny anymore. It seems they had been living in the shed and they must have chosen to venture out today. If I had known sooner that they were in there, I would've gotten them out and put them with the other baby bunnies in the front yard. Poor things.

I don't know anything about my ultrasound yet. They called to give me the results but I either wasn't here or I was outside. I'm going to try and call tomorrow. It was the most uncomfortable u/s I've had so far since that IUD is in there. Every time she moved the damn thing, it felt like I was having a bad cramp. I had a 3D u/s this time. I was only able to glance at one picture but it was neat how they do them now. Gives them a much clearer picture of what is going on without being invasive. Makes you wonder what they'll be able to do with technology at the end of my lifetime considering when my grandma was a kid, they only had radio's.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I almost started crying about the little bunny. I cannot stand to see an animal in distress. I know that it's the way of nature, and I try to keep an even keel about it, but it just kills me to see anything hurting like that. Argh.

Love, Beth

Ken Riches said...

Sorry about the little bunnies :o(

Sage Ravenwood said...

I'm constantly playing rescue the furry little critter from the cats. I'm so sorry about the bunnies. My mother used to raise them so I had experience with them in all stages of their lives. (Hugs)Indigo