Tuesday, April 14, 2009

New babies

Either tomorrow or the day after, I will be getting a momma cat and her three kittens. They just opened their eyes today, that's how young they are. When I was pregnant, particularly towards the end, I thought there's no way I'm going to want to do any fosters for about six months but before Evan was even a month old, I knew it would be much sooner. I haven't had any fosters since... I want to say November. I miss the kittens mostly. Shawn doesn't want me to do dogs again, at least not for a while. If I do any, it won't be till summer when I can leave them out for long periods of time. And we'll have a kennel built by then as well if we need it. Things are getting back to normal much quicker than they did with Jasmine. It seemed like it took forever for me to feel "normal" again but with Evan, it's like nothing has changed. I'm sure it will be more hectic when he starts crawling but I plan on confining him to the living room with baby gates. Which reminds me, I need to get a wall mount for the tv before we get to that stage of babyhood.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Kittehs! Oh boy! I hope we get pictures....

Ken Riches said...

Glad that things are getting back to normal faster. That happens when you already have one child, day-to-day life is unavoidable :o)

Sage Ravenwood said...

It's been a long time since I've had a litter to contend with as well. Then again I've been taking care of a couple of older cats that showed up on my door. I don't think either has long. At the very least I can give them comfort and love in their last days.

I've heard the first kid is practice, after that it's a piece of cake. I wouldn't know personally as I've only had Skye to contend with. (Hugs)Indigo