Saturday, April 11, 2009

I don't wanna grow up, I'm a toys r us kid

You remember the friend you had in high school/college who was great for parties and whatnot but you never really did anything outside of that venue? That friend sent me an email wanting to hang out. Ok, really she sent an email with the subject drink. Uhm, let's see, I became an adult with children and cannot pick up and get shitfaced whenever I feel the need. I don't know, maybe she just didn't know what else to say. I offered dinner, as long as I can bring aforementioned children. To be honest, it's not something I totally look forward to. From what I can tell, she and her husband haven't bothered to enter adulthood and have continued just as they were in high school. At some point and time you have to say we're adults and drinking till we're puking every weekend just isn't that cool anymore... it's kind of pathetic. I'm willing to give them both a chance. Mainly because her husband was a huge part of my growing up experience and one of the few people who was always really there. I'll try not to look at it with such... judgemental eyes I suppose. For now.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Ken and I enjoy our beverages, but the bar/party scene is long past us. We enjoy going to a rare party, and we'll have a drink in a bar when we're on vacation, but the club scene is just not fun anymore. Sounds like your friend is stuck in the past, but give it a try and see how it goes. Maybe it will just involve some drinks and laughs and not turn into a big party!

Hugs, Beth

Wes said...

Jamie:

Just want to say hello and to say I agree with your entry. I have decided to hang out with some friends of my past with the same logic.

Happy Bunny Day to you and your family!

Peace&Love
Wes&Family

Ken Riches said...

Give it a try, you may re-establish a friendship and make a new one :o) Toasting you and hoping it works.