Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Quiet please... shushie

I've had twenty minutes of total quiet. Jasmine hasn't stopped making noise for weeks. Running, yelling, screaming (mostly all in the playing sense.. mostly), riding a car through the house, playing musical instruments... then singing as loudly as she can to them. And I've been begging her to shut up for weeks. Evan sleeps through most of it. Before you know it, he'll be making noise too. I'm going to have to invest in bulk amounts of ear plugs to keep my sanity. It's only a few more weeks till it really warms up... at least that's what I keep telling myself. I'll be opening the back door and letting her run like a wild animal. Hopefully I'll be able to get my flower boxes cleaned out during that time. We have perennials planted in them. My grandma planted them years ago. They're not... very attractive flowers. And until they get flowers, they look like large weeds. My plan is to pull each and every one of them and keep pulling till they stop coming up. Then I'm going to use the bottom box for vegetables and the top box will probably have mostly sunflowers. (I love sunflowers... I just want to hug 'em) The flower box in the backyard needs some kind of fence around it before I can plant anything there. Last year the dogs trampled my tulips within hours of the flower finally opening. Oh yeah, I'm getting the spring bug. I can't wait to start planting. Who knew I would look forward to this so much every year once we got our own house?

1 comment:

Beth said...

All I could think of when I read the title of this post was Dr. Evil telling Scott to "SH! That was a preemptive SH!" LOL!

Yeah, isn't it great to get some warmth and sun? I know we've got cooler weather on the way, but summer is just around the corner. The tulips and daffodils are popping up in the woods, and I see that one of the hyacinths I planted last fall is coming up. (It's in a sunny spot--the others are more in shade.)

I love seeing green! Our grass is starting to green up, too. Yay!

Hugs, Beth