Friday, February 20, 2009

Three blind cats, see how they run

funny pictures of cats with captions

I've been getting super pissed at my husband's cat, Willow. She keeps going into the computer room and won't come out. They're allowed in there but when we leave the room, they have to leave the room. She kept going to the same spot under a chair in the room and just laying there for hours. You literally had to shove her out the door. The other night, I'm in there on his computer when she jerks suddenly. I look over and she's running out of the room. That's when I saw a tiny mouse hanging out of her mouth. I had a feeling we still had some due to the hole chewed in the bottom of the ferrets food but hadn't seen any other evidence. What's ironic is the last thing my husband said to her that night before he went to bed was 'You'd better not come out of that room unless you're carrying a mouse.' He forgot to tell her to dispose of the mouse. After a while I saw her in the kitchen, she had dropped the mouse and was just pawing at it. The last time she caught a mouse, she lost it. A little while later and she's frantically searching for the mouse, along with the other two cats. I rolled my eyes and took the kids to bed. After they were both asleep, I was walking through the kitchen to go let the dogs out and saw all three cats still looking for the mouse, hours later. I let everyone out and walked back into the kitchen, where I saw the mouse about three feet away from the cats, in plain sight, just walking around. I'd finally had enough and grabbed a pitcher that we use for giving the dogs water and he ran right into it. Poor thing was so thirsty that he was drinking a small amount of water that was still in it, despite the fact that he knew he was being hunted. I thought I'd get the cats to chill out by showing them, mommy has the mouse so you can all stop looking now. I took him outside with a few pellets of cat food. (yes I know, I shouldn't have fed the rodent but I felt awful tossing him out into the cold) It's days later now and they're still looking for it. Earlier in the day, Shawn kicked Willow out of his room again and Isaiah went running after her, assuming she had another mouse. (because you know, he's too good to catch his own) That night when I called my husband to tell him about it, I asked him 'Who do you think finally caught that mouse?' He said Jasmine. LOL I was like NO, I caught the effin' thing. My cats are worthless for hunting.

4 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Not sure they ave earned the cat moniker yet :o)

Beth said...

They do get a little obsessive, don't they?

Sage Ravenwood said...

My inside cats are worthless. I got one of the outside cats to let go of a live mouse she had on the porch not realizing my front door was wide open. The freaking thing runs into my dining room and all the inside cats not one, ALL of them scatter. It was too funny the mouse sat there quietly, I looked at the mouse and cursed now what. I managed to herd it back out the open door, into the waiting jaws I originally helped it escape to. (Hugs)Indigo

Adirondackcountrygal said...

My cat would occasionally catch a mouse and I could hardly get it away. Then he got lazy and when I would catch one in a trap he would act like HE was the one who caught it! Prancing around and acting all macho!