Thursday, February 5, 2009

Short and Sweet

Jasmine had her doctor's appointment today. He said she should be absolutely fine and that her hand is healing extremely well. I'll be glad when we're done with the medication. She cries when she has to take it half the time and begs not to take it. It's hard to explain to a 3 year old why they have to take nasty tasting stuff. And it will be a miracle if none of us get sick after being in the germ factory so many times during cold and flu season. I think that's why the doctor isn't having Evan come back till March, to avoid as many germs as possible. I know Jasmine was in the office for shots every month for the first several months. Evan went a few days after he was born, a week after he was born and then won't be back until three months.

My pregnancy weight is coming off faster this time than it did with Jasmine. I've lost 20lbs. in two weeks. Ten of that came off immediately after he was born. I'll probably start working out again over the weekend. I'm supposed to wait 2-3 weeks after he's born before I do anything that would strain my muscles and I want to play it safe so I don't start bleeding badly. I'm not doing anything to my ab muscles until between 4-6 weeks, again just to play it safe. I'm ready to play some dance dance revolution. I haven't gotten to play with my Christmas gift except for the one time (very carefully at nine months pregnant!). Even though I've been tired and a little cranky from being woken up so often, it's still better than being pregnant. I was miserable those last three months. When I was pregnant with Jasmine, I didn't have much discomfort at all the entire nine months except for a little bit in month seven and that was just in my feet. It was such a relief to my body when he was born. On top of the physical pain I was feeling, I was also becoming very depressed the last two months. I had two weeks where I only changed out of my pajamas two days. I didn't have any motivation to do anything. Within an hour of Evan's birth, I had started taking my anti-depressants again. It was only a matter of days before I felt like me again. That too, was a relief, a big one.

7 comments:

Beth said...

I'm so glad Jasmine is going to be okay. I'm sure she doesn't like that medicine a whole lot, but in this case, Mom always wins. :)

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better. I had an inkling you were putting on a good face but were having a rough time. Jamie, I'm very happy that you are on the upswing in all ways!

Love, Beth

cw2smom said...

Glad to hear all is well, especially with Jasmine! Wow, that's quite a lot of weight in two weeks! Lucky you! Blessings, Lisa

Robin said...

Feeling like YOU again, yeah; that in and of itself is great. And, Jasmine's almost herself again, too. (I felt miserable those last few weeks and months of being pregnant, with a July baby.)

Haha, my word verification is "saner." Or, it was. I must have typed it wrong...... trying again with a new random one.

Lisa said...

Glad to hear Jas is going to be fine. Well done on knocking off the pounds. Don't rush it, you have plenty of time to get back in shape.
xxx

Linda said...

I am glad that Jasmine is doing good. I am also glad to hear that you are feeling better too! Linda

Ken Riches said...

Glad you are feeling more postive, and that things feel better now thay your precious son is here :o)

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Goodness, I have been so neglectful I completely missed your baby Evan! Congratulations! When will we see some pics? hint hint! Linda