Monday, February 16, 2009

Getting Rehab

I am now the owner of firefox. I didn't want to do it. However, to get cute smiley's on my blog without a bunch of red tape, I had to install it and get some add-ons. There are many out there but for now, I'm just using the basic Yahoo emoticons, it's enough for me. mltan100.blogspot.com

Last night while I was trying to fall asleep, my mind was wandering, as it's prone to do. For whatever reason, I was thinking about my aunt and uncle who are extremely religious. My aunt calls themselves Jesus freaks. Then I started thinking about how much bible related stuff they do every week and thought, it's more like an addiction. (hope the two of you don't find this offensive!) And of course, my mind continued onward. I wondered what a rehab clinic would be like for a Jesus addict? Instead of AA would it be, JA?

"Hi, I'm Nancy and I'm... addicted to Jesus."
"Hi Nancy."
"I do Jesus all the time. I can't seem to get enough of it. It started off harmless enough... a little Jesus here and there, a little more around the holidays. You know how stressful that time of year is so I always got a little extra. When I met my husband, we began doing Jesus together. And then it seemed like we were always doing Jesus. We would have groups of people over on Friday to do Jesus for hours. And of course, we do Jesus most of the morning on Sundays. Every Wednesday we get together with friends for several more hours of Jesus. And I never eat a meal without doing Jesus first. I don't even know how to begin the process of stopping Jesus. When I'm not doing Jesus, I'm thinking about doing Jesus. It's to the point that it's the last thing I do every night before I go to sleep. I kneel next to the bed and do as much Jesus as it takes to get me to sleep. Should I be in Jesus rehab instead of just JA?"

Remember P and J, you love me and because we're blood, you're stuck with me. mltan100.blogspot.com

4 comments:

cw2smom said...

That was cute Jamie!! I am sure they'll get a kick out of it too! Hope you and the family are doing well! Blessings and love, Lisa

Sage Ravenwood said...

(Chuckling) Only you! It does seem like that at times with the religion extremist. (Hugs)Indigo

Beth said...

You are SO going to hell, you know that, don't you? ;)

Perry Reichanadter said...

It's true! I do pray before meals, snacks too! I also pray before bed and rarely lie away worrying. I don't think about Jesus all day long, but I do throughout the day. Some of my closest friends are Jesus Freaks but we do talk about non-Jesus things most of the time like marriage, kids, money, movies, our favorite television shows, our pets, etc.

I think you left out something about us Jesus Freaks. If we could get you hooked we totally would! There's nothing like the peace I have in my life since I started my relationship with Jesus. I thought I was happy when I married your uncle, adding Jesus to the mix only made that love stronger. We love you! God Bless you!