Tuesday, July 7, 2009


Evan's skin has gotten so bad now that I have to put cream on it, then bandage the area so the cream doesn't get rubbed off. The worst places for the moment are the backs of his legs and the insides of his elbows. They ooze constantly and recently, he's made it very clear that he doesn't like them being messed with. (unless he already has the bandage and cream on, then I don't think it bothers him as much) We're hoping that eventually he'll outgrow the eczema just like most babies.

Jasmine has a ridiculous number of mosquito bites from the weekend. Even the palms of her hands were bitten. She woke me (and herself) up last night from the constant scratching. I put some cream on them all tonight so hopefully I won't be jostled awake. We were at my mom's for the fourth. Which led to a very bad fifth. It looked like it was going to be a pretty boring fireworks show from the neighbors so we bought some alcohol. I don't drink often, at all. I should've thought first before I kept pouring more and more Bailey's. A few hours after falling asleep, I woke up with a hell of a headache so I took some pain medicine and went back to sleep, only to wake up right around the time it would've worn off, with a headache. As the day wore on, I started to feel sick to my stomach as well. It wasn't till I went to bed that I started to feel a little better. I decided to look and see how much of the Bailey's I'd actually drank. In my mind it had to be half the bottle. Um, no... more like the neck of the bottle and about half and inch of the top of the bottle. Wow, I became a light weight. ;)

It's going to be a busy week. Tomorrow is Evan urologist appointment and hopefully we'll know whether or not they want to do surgery. Wednesday we go out to the zoo with my dad and then out to eat. Thursday, off to my mom's to help clean up her barn. Friday, possibly going to the beach. Saturday Shawn is going to play paintball. I'm sure there's more past that but that's as far as my brain is thinking at the moment. My brain is so fried that I could not for the life of me remember my husband's cell phone number the other day. He's had the same number for over a year but it just would not come to me. The message I left on my bosses cell must have been hilarious. I gave her several different numbers and then was like, I'm pretty sure it's ***-****. I went out and asked my husband what his number was and I was way off so I had to call back, leave another message but as soon as I went to say his number, I forgot it again so I just held the phone up to him and he said the number. She says she had a good laugh. I can remember it just fine now... of course. I blame the bonk on the head from the washer the other day. I still have a knot on my head from that beast.


Beth said...

Haha! I feel really stupid when someone asks for our home phone number, and I draw a blank. I never call myself, you know? LOL

Our garage sale is going to be Friday and Saturday if you want to pop over at some point in all your busy-ness! Ken will be here on Friday, but not Saturday. Love, Beth

Lisa said...

Poor Evan, I hope he finds some comfort soon. Poor little guy has to be miserable. I'm with Jas and covered with annoying skeeter bites too from being at the pond everynight feeding our fish.

I read back on your entries. I think it's awesome you are helping out your foster buddy during her time of need. Labs are awesome, but then I am a little prejudice ;)

Awwww...little kitties, the picture is adorable and I'm happy to hear you have come up with names for everyone. Sorry to hear about the one who passed away.