Thursday, July 16, 2009

Nonsense, nonsense I say

I've spent a good portion of the night looking up nonsense rhymes and folk rhymes. (although some of you are quite aware of that by now if you're on the bookface) I'm enjoying them a great deal. It's as if you're reading things a little... backwards.

We got rid of some furniture today. Gave some to a friend who needed it and some to Goodwill. We still have some that needs to go but didn't get around to it tonight. The house is starting to look a little... desolate. I swear I saw a tumbleweed earlier but it turned out to be some of Mia's dog hair. The less that is here when we sell, the less we have to take with us. Only a few pieces of furniture actually have any meaning to me, everything else I'm not attached to at all. The pieces I will absolutely not part with are, two worn recliners that belonged to my grandfather, which I plan to have them re-upholstered, a china cabinet that was my grandmother's and a small dresser that was also my grandmother's. It will be a very long time before I'll be ready to part with those recliners so they'd better hold up a while after I get them done. The realtor will be here in the next several days to take photos. This part it happening quite fast but I doubt the selling will go as quickly. I'm a little concerned however as I saw a realtor at my neighbors house a few days ago. You never want to have your house for sale directly next door to another house and the fewer houses for sale in your neighborhood, the better. You don't want people to have too many options in one neighborhood or else they may find a house they like better, is better priced, etc., than your own. I think the house across the street sold recently though. The lights were on in the garden tonight and it's the first time there's been any lights on at all since she died.

2 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Hope you are wrong and it sells fast :o)

Sage Ravenwood said...

I'm echoing Ken, hope the house sells fast. I hate moving. It's one of those things I have to do quickly, like pulling a bandage off a wound.

As for the drive-in. I miss having one around here. Not that it would do me any good these days as I'm deaf. (Hugs)Indigo